Important news if you bought sandals from Madewell’s Sightseer collection in the past six months: The company is recalling 50,900 pairs in the U.S. and Canada because of a safety issue.
According to WWD, the brand’s shoes from the Sightseer collection, sold between February and July 2015, “have been found to pose a hazard because the metal shank can dislodge and break through the bottom of the outsole, posing a risk of falling,” according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. No injuries have been reported.
The sandals were sold at Madewell stores, online at madewell.com, or online at shopbop.com, from $60 to $80.
Specific styles include:
- C0275 Sightseer Knotted Slide Sandals
- C0276 Sightseer T-Strap Thong Sandals in Black Leather
- C0277 Sightseer T-Strap Thong Sandals in Metallic Color-Block
- C0278 Sightseer Buckle Gladiator Sandals
- C0279 Sightseer Slide Sandals
- C1105 Sightseer Crisscross Sandals
- C5893 Sightseer T-Strap Toe-Loop Sandals
- C5895 Sightseer Ankle-Wrap Sandals in Shiny Silver
- C5897 Sightseer Lace-Up Sandals
- C6090 Sightseer Ankle-Wrap Sandals in Metallic Sand
If you own any of these styles, stop wearing them immediately and contact Madewell by calling 866-544-1937 or emailing email@example.com. For more information, head to www.madewell.com and click on “Important Notice.”