MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network and Nickelodeon’s #AloneTogether campaign promotes social distancing while staying connected during COVID-19;
#KidsTogether uses popular Nickelodeon characters to promote healthy living tips and activities for families staying at home
ViacomCBS Network International’s Entertainment & Youth Brands, led by MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network and Nickelodeon, today launched #AloneTogether, a global social and talent led campaign that educates audiences on the importance of social distancing and drives unity through entertainment. A focus on mental health is a vital part of the effort, underscoring that social distancing does not mean social isolation.
As a part of #AloneTogether, Nickelodeon launched #KidsTogether, a multiplatform, global prosocial initiative using Nickelodeon’s most popular characters and talent to engage with kids and families on tips for staying healthy, and also ideas for activities to do together while in the home during the COVID-19 outbreak. FeaturingSpongeBob SquarePants, Blue’s Clues & You!, Henry Danger, Bubble Guppies and The Casagrandes, #KidsTogether is intended to serve as an additional resource for parents while providing kid-appropriate, kid-directed information through original short-form videos, interstitials, downloadable activities and social content, with elements aggregated for easy access on a central online destination.
ViacomCBS Networks International’s Entertainment & Youth Brands are developing #AloneTogether content to be shared collectively to their more than 500 million social followers, communicating the public health message through their distinct brand voices. Creative executions include:
- Self-shot videos and live takeovers from music and celebrity talent across the portfolio sharing how they are #AloneTogether at home
- Daily engagement through series’ social accounts, encouraging conversation and among fans
- Inspiring profiles of young people who are making a difference during this pandemic
The campaign, which was developed by ViacomCBS Entertainment & Youth brands in partnership with The Ad Council in the US, will also be tailored and supported by Pluto TV in markets around the world, and CBS and CBS All-Access, Awesomeness, and Showtime in the U.S.
#KidsTogether’s content, available across Nickelodeon Arabia’s screens starting today and ramping up through the rest of the week and beyond, features:
- Original short-form digital and linear content such as SpongeBob practicing social distancing, the Bubble Guppies demonstrating proper hand-washing techniques, and Chickaletta and the PAW Patrol showcasing awesome dance moves to promote physical activity and wellness;
- Nick-branded interstitials made in partnership with GoNoodle that encourage kids to get up and get moving, with help from Young Dylan’s beats or by joining Lincoln Loud’s dance party;
- Printable Blue’s Clues & You! activity sheets and Bubble Guppies coloring pages, along with offscreen activities and games to help families play and learn together at home;
- Noggin shorts on the Nick Jr. channel that provide learning moments for preschoolers in the areas of wellness, social and emotional development, science, math, and literacy;
- and NickHelps a central online destination that will aggregate Nick’s content and provide links to external resources for kids and families.
The open-source models of the #AloneTogether and #KidsTogether campaigns are designed to easily and quickly extend from the Entertainment & Youth Brands and Nickelodeon across ViacomCBS Networks International and beyond. Further, a toolkit of core creative assets was developed so that #AloneTogether and #KidsTogether messaging can be used and expanded upon by other cable, broadcast, digital, social and audio companies. It is flexible, tailored by brand/audience, low-lift and social-first. It is also complementary to any other public service announcement creative.
*Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Paramount Channel and MTV are exclusively available on OSN