HONOR, a global technology brand, announces that the HONOR MagicWatch 2 is offering an important new function – SpO2 monitoring via OTA upgrade across KSA and UAE. This iterative improvement for healthiness tracking enables users to have intelligent insight into overall health at a time when personal wellbeing has never been more important.
The HONOR MagicWatch 2 provides up to 14-days battery life and is equipped with well-thought fitness and health monitoring technologies, as well as customized clock faces. Owners of HONOR MagicWatch 2 have this new SpO2 feature following the receipt of the update notification from the Huawei Health App.
SpO2 is an important health indicator. “S” refers to saturation, “P” pulse, “O2” oxygen, and hence “SpO2” indicates the percentage of oxygen-carrying red cells within the total red cell count in the bodies blood. In practical terms, SpO2 can tell how well respiratory and circulatory systems are working. It is considered one of five essential health indicators, along with pulse rate, blood pressure, respiratory rate and body temperature. The human body needs oxygen to properly function as it supplies muscles with the energy they need.
The current global pandemic, COVID-19, is caused by a virus that attacks the respiratory system, and thus SpO2 readings are vital for identifying potential cases. The HONOR MagicWatch 2 provides for nearly instant SpO2 readings on command, giving users ownership over their health. The HONOR MagicWatch 2 benefits from being the only affordable watch product to have the SpO2 Monitor, which allows users to track oxygen saturation levels in the bloodstream and asses how your body is adapting during workouts or at high altitudes. It’s a healthiness companion that can tell when to reduce exercise or seek medical attention.
Users can benefit from regularly monitoring their blood oxygen levels in daily life through a variety of differing instances including:
- Immuno-compromised individuals with an underlying condition like heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and/or respiratory syndromes, can use the monitoring for an easy check into respiratory and immune systems.
- Individuals aged 60+. As the immune system weakens with age, regular SpO2 checks offer peace of mind and a potential advance warning in the event of a serious health issue.
- Snorers. Snoring happens when the sleeper is short of breath or breathing irregularly. SpO2 readings provide a clearer view of how oxygen levels fluctuate during sleep, and whether snoring is an indicator for a more severe condition like sleep apnea.
- Outdoor enthusiasts, endurance athletes, and gym rats. Real-time SpO2 tracking during workouts provides a sense of how well the body is handling the changes in intensity or altitude, so that you can adjust accordingly for optimal exercise performance.
- Individuals with busy work or study routines (12+ hours/day). Brain work can be taxing on the body, as it consumes a lot of oxygen. If you use it that much, give it a proper checkup regularly, just in case.
HONOR MagicWatch 2 AVAILABILITY INFORMATION
The HONOR MagicWatch 2 is presently available in two colours – the Charcoal Black edition will be available for AED 749 and the Flax Brown edition for AED 849 on Hihonor.com, Amazon.ae and Noon.com.